Baker is the explosive, power hitting, undersized (waistline wise) four star linebacker from Jacksonville who committed to Georgia recently. The Florida Times-Union named him Boys Athlete of the Year.
The article talks about his plans to add 10-15 pounds before this coming football season. That would put him his 6'0" frame at 210-215 pounds. In other words, it's reasonable that he would be at least 220 pounds by the 2010 season.
The article also talks about his accomplishments including:
-- 4A State Champ - Shot Put (I think he's the two time champ)
-- 4A State Runner-Up - Discus
-- All Conference - Weightlifting Team
-- Times-Union's All-First Coast boys track and field athlete of the year
When I picture a championship caliber shot putter or discus thrower, I envision a guy shaped like Reese Hoffa. Not a guy like Baker. He's an impressive kid physically, and the Florida paper says his academics are in great shape.
PWD
ht - OldDog
Popular
-
Dooley's Junkyard DawgsFive days, y'all. T
-
Georgia vs. Vandy will not air on CBSe, iThe SEC announced today that CBS has elected to televise Ole Miss at Alabama on Oct. 18th at 3:…
-
GT: "What opponent has scored the most in Sanford"Well...I guess we know for sure now that the Miami beat down issued by Tech has most certainly thro…
-
Chad Simmons has joined Scout.comI don't do a lot of recruiting stuff here because I think most of you get that directly from Ri…
-
Furman Bisher Dead at 93Furman Bisher died last night at 93 years old. He was the sports editor that drove Lewis Grizzard …
-
North Texas kickersI'm pretty sure they're all dudes. Two weeks until game week. TD
-
#VoteFreddieBecause #VoteFreddie . Also, you can tweet #VoteFreddie tomorrow between 10-4 and it will count as …
Post a Comment
Post a Comment