Men's Health puts out a list of 'Best _____" every so often, so eventually an Athens spot was going to end up on there, but I think Trapeze deserves the mention it gets as a "Best College Beer Bar." I don't always drink beer, but Trapeze has a great list, isn't pretentious, and the half pints at half price thing is genius.
For that matter, Athens is a pretty good beer town. Any place that caters to folks out beyond the late night crowds (nothing wrong with them, but just isn't my scene usually) will have a couple of decent beers around. For a fan of quads, stout, and porter, that makes Athens a cool town to find a beer in when I am that mood.
If you haven't been to Trapeze, stop by. The food is good and inexpensive and the atmosphere is very laid back. It is a fun place to blow an hour or two.
TD
*I didn't get anything for this post from Trapeze, but if they want to slide me a beer or three, I'm not above taking them up on that.
Popular
-
One Prerequisite Is FulfilledHave you ever heard that UF has a really good record lately against Georgia? Usually, it's the…
-
Dooley's Junkyard DawgsFive days, y'all. T
-
Samuel as Running BackI know this is old news , but I can't get too excited about it. One one hand, Samuel had his s…
-
So here's my theoryWe either get an announcement today, or it'll be a few weeks on the DC search. If it's tod…
-
Basketball Recruiting: Sherrard BrantleySherrard Brantley is a 6'2" 170 lb freshman shooting guard at Northwest Florida Community …
-
Georgia vs. Vandy will not air on CBSe, iThe SEC announced today that CBS has elected to televise Ole Miss at Alabama on Oct. 18th at 3:…
-
NoMoreFrontButt InvitationalStill time to get into the Bowl Pick'em, hosted by Fun Free Office Pools . The Bowl Pick'em…
Post a Comment
Post a Comment